Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Do The Castle!

What do I hoot about today? I am thoroughly confused. There is so much work to do(I am also known as the workaholic in certain circles), and here I am, thinking about what to hoot. After pestering the living daylights out of my pal, Ashumi, she got frustrated and told me to blog about Castle. As in THE Castle. For all those thick people who still didn’t understand: Rick Castle. (He really is ruggedly handsome, isn't he?)

Well, now what to blog about him? I started watching it when I was on a trip to the US, at my aunt and uncle's place. It was an interesting watch (better than watching the news channels dissect Charlie Sheen's each and every fart and sneeze; or Teen Mom), different than our desi CID. But I got hooked on to it only after returning to India, when, just out of curiosity, I asked my brother to get all the seasons for me (Brothers are so useful na?).

It is amazing- the entire series- the characters, the plot, the theme, everything! Yes, many of my friends say that it is such a wimpy show and that a cop show should be more serious, but c'mon! What is wrong in the light hearted setting? Nothing! And especially if you have a lead character like Castle.. well, almost all your crimes are forgiven ;) And then the way all the characters complement each other: Ryan and Esposito (do I resemble him in any manner? I don't think so), Castle and Beckett, Martha Rodgers and Alexis. Oh it was horribly sad when Captain Montgomery died, he was awesome too. But well, you can let a tv series rule your life by the end of the day, right?

You may disagree with me, but then I personally feel that there is a lot of substance in the show. A lot that you can learn from it. Not only about solving crimes :P but you know, stuff. Oh, now if you say oh yes about romance and all that jazz, I beg to differ. It is not a how-to on love, but it is a how- to when it comes down to many real life situations. More like family stuff. Yes, it most definitely is unrealistic at times (especially when Castle defuses a bomb by pulling out all the wires- I have seen enough hindi movies to know it is always one wire: the red, the green or the black), but then all the silliness is a part of the show's charm, innit?

You know what? I think I'll stop writing now. I am definitely overworked. :P

1 comment:

  1. its a red and blue wire for defusing a bomb. And the hero always cuts the right one :D

    ReplyDelete