Saturday, September 24, 2011

Distance and absence? Pssh!

"Distance makes the heart grow fonder.."
How many of us believe that this is true? Many of us maybe thinking, "Oh hell ya! Ever since I've stopped meeting XYZ, I miss him/her more..."

I agree, memory can sometimes be a bi**h. But do we really want to erase some people off our lives and heads completely? Then what about those important life lessons that we have learned from their departure? Do you really want to fall in love with the wrong person and make the same mistake all over again? (Oh please! Just admit it- we are all really stupid in love).

I guess not. Sure, you are the best thing that ever happened to them and if they really cared, they wouldn't let you go in the first place.

But now when I think about "Distance making the heart grow fonder", isn't the saying, "Out of sight; out of mind" also true?

For over millions of times a day, we will ask our best friend, "Why hasn't he/she called or texted yet?"
How about this for an answer- "I am a fu**ing engineering/psychology/commerce student, not a GODDAMN PSYCHIC! If I'm granted telepathic powers, I shall let you know!"

If you want to be remembered by someone, show your cool, sassy, studly, Johnny Bravo types sexy style. Not the freaky one where you are contemplating the various reasons as to why they haven't called yet (which by the way, includes absolute rubbish like 'oh they must have spilled some orange juice on themselves and their phone was in their pocket so it's not working and his jerk-of-a-friend won't let him use his). That just doesn't happen. Instead, you could pick up the phone and call them. Believe me, it's O-K-A-Y to do so.

But hey- if a guy is too good to be true... he probably is! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment